How do I convince my mom to get rid of our aggressive dog?

• Thread starter Thread starter /u/StatusCaterpillar130
  • Start date Start date
U

/u/StatusCaterpillar130

So I currently have a 1 yr old cockapoo that I got last year at around 8 weeks old and not going to lie it’s been a really long struggle with this dog I don’t know where to start. My main concern with him is his aggression. I actually had to get stitches months ago inbetween my thumb and index finger, he literally almost damaged my nerve. He was laying at my friends feet and my best friend was petting him and I guess he did not like the way he was being petted and he just latched onto my friends hand no warning no snarling before absolutely nothing. I immediately intervened pried open his mouth to let go and he then latched onto me, I managed to free my hand but I was so concerned for my friend that I hadn’t noticed there was blood everywhere coming from my hand. He’s bitten again not long after that but that time I did not need stitches but I did have my hand glued, I almost passed out from shock. Now I thought that was the worse he’s ever bitten until tonight. He was in my moms room and he had grabbed some napkins and I know he resource guards and I’ve been trading him whatever he has with a treat while telling him to drop it and it has been working but tonight he refused to drop it. My mom decided to try and take it out of his mouth after I told her NUMEROUS times not to because again I know how he gets. She insisted anyways after I begged her not to and then it happened she was screaming while he attacked her. He got her forearm almost hitting a VEIN. She managed to get her arm out of his mouth but he then went for her feet and would not stop I grabbed him and put him in his crate. She was bleeding really bad I immediately helped her get dressed and took her to the urgent care I worked at. Because of where she was bit on her foot they couldn’t stitch it and unfortunately we did not have anymore glue so we had to sterilize her foot really really good and basically wrap it. At first she was agreeing that we should get rid of him but now she’s saying that it isn’t his fault and he could be psychologically disturbed because we did get him from Amish breeders unfortunately without actually learning how bad puppy mills are. She does not want to get rid of him. I love him soo much and he can be a sweet dog at times and I understand that it probably is not his fault but side note my mom had breast cancer and she’s now officially in remission but due to the harsh chemotherapy her immune system isn’t really good so essentially any small infection will put her in a hospital. My main concern is her health I don’t want her to get any type of infection. I’m so frustrated with her and I don’t really know what to do. I already expressed to her that he needs to go the second he bit my best friend. I’m concerned for the safety of others and she’s not keeping that in mind.

Sorry if there is so many errors English is not my first language and Im stressing so I’m having a hard time gathering my thoughts.

submitted by /u/StatusCaterpillar130
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...

Members Online

No members online now.

Featured Content

Latest Forum Posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger Ebert