Switzerland/Germany/Austria Trip Advice

• Thread starter Thread starter /u/Brettbone
  • Start date Start date
U

/u/Brettbone

Hi all, wondering if you could help me out!

I'm looking to do a Switzerland-Germany-Austria trip and would like some help/recommendations on my itinerary! It's very rough at the moment and I'm just throwing some ideas out so more than happy to change things around/remove things!

Just some extra info, I visited Switzerland last year and absolutely loved it. Looking at spending a few days in Northern Switzerland (Zurich, potentially Lucerne) however if you feel that the other places/locations would scratch that itch (I know Austria has some similarities to Switzerland) then that would be great to know - I'm open to taking Switzerland off the list and just visiting places I've never been to before (I've never been to Germany or Austria!)

1) Zurich - 2 days

Spend some time in the city, relaxing by the lake

2) Munich - 2 days

Travel to Munich from Zurich, spend 2 days in the city

3) Innsbruck - 1 day

Travel to Innsbruck, spend some time in the town, potentially a hike if time allows

4) Salzburg - 2 days

2 days relaxing in Salzburg, I think at this point it would be more of a chilled few days, relaxing, wandering around the city

5) Graz - 1 day

One day exploring Graz

6) Vienna - 2 days

Final two days exploring Vienna, will probably be a more relaxed few days here! (I've also heardsthat Vienna isn't the most interesting city so more than happy to just have a day here to recover and add more days to other places!)

As mentioned above, more than happy to remove/alter/add anything if you feel it's worth it. Ideally I wouldn't be travelling for more than 10 days so if you feel that what I have above is a bit of a squeeze then I'm more than happy to remove anything and let my itinerary breath a bit!

As you can probably guess, I have a big soft soft for beautiful cultural cities and... mountains... and clean air (I live in London so I don't have much access to this...!) I'm hoping this trip covers all of that, let me know if you think that's the case of if you feel I could make some adjustments to better improve it!

Thanks a lot in advance!

Brett

submitted by /u/Brettbone
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...