Situation in Bogotá?

• Thread starter Thread starter /u/CloudsandSunsets
  • Start date Start date
U

/u/CloudsandSunsets

Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone had thoughts on what the water situation is like in Bogotá right now given the rationing/shortages. I was planning to visit in early May for 2 days as part of a larger Colombia trip (1 day to explore the city, 1 day for a day trip to the páramo of Chingaza National Natural Park). Given the water shortages, thinking about if it would still be a good idea (as well as from an ethical standpoint) to spend that time in Bogotá or if I should transit through onwards to another place in Colombia. Obviously if I do visit I would be very mindful of my own water consumption.

Alternatives I'm considering:

• Medellín (1 day in the city + a nearby day trip to Jardín, Santa Fe de Antioquía, Guatape, or the Páramo de Belmira)

• Salentó + Valle de Cocora ± PNN Los Nevados

• Villa de Leyva + Igaque

I love history, architecture, art, and nature, as well as drinking coffee. I don't care much for nightlife. I do speak Spanish well enough to have managed in other parts of Latin America and Spain. Photography is my favorite thing to do about traveling.

Part of what appealed to me about Bogotá is its historic/cultural sites, big city experience, and proximity to the páramo (an ecosystem unique to the region); I won't get those types of landscapes/ecosystems in the other places I'm visiting in the country (which are along the Caribbean Coast – Cartagena, Santa Marta, Tayrona, and Minca).

Recommendations/thoughts are much appreciated!

submitted by /u/CloudsandSunsets
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...