Missing my best friend.

• Thread starter Thread starter /u/ParaDani
  • Start date Start date
U

/u/ParaDani

A week ago today, I unfortunately had to say goodbye to my best friend, my 13 year old beagle named Diamond. She had been there for me through a lot of events in life, like my highschool graduation and my 18th birthday. I loved her so very dearly and I hope she loved me the same. In the last two weeks of her being alive, I noticed a change in her attitude. She was barely eating and drinking, she also seemed to be losing her ability to walk. I did my best to help her, I scheduled an appointment for her at my local vet and followed some advice to help her. Then I woke up one morning to her unable to use her back legs at all and she looked so tired. I started to cry, seeing my once energy filled companion in such a helpless state, it shattered everything in me. She did her best every day to try to eat and drink and sit up. I carried her with me all over the house, so she'd never have to worry her not being able to see me. I kept telling her every passing day that I loved her and I was going to get her help. Then the fateful day struck, I woke up with her by my side, the life nearly gone from her eyes, I knew she was ready. I stayed with her, gently petting her as I felt her heart slow and her breathing begin to go. I kissed her head and told her that I loved her, then she was gone. I cried for hours, hoping it was all a nightmare that I could wake up from soon. I buried her with her favorite toy, hoping she'd get to carry it with her as she ran across the rainbow bridge.

I'm sorry for the long and depressing post, I just miss her so much. Thank you to whoever chooses to read this.

submitted by /u/ParaDani
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...