Is it okay to let my indoor cat be outside? Risks? Lifespan.

• Thread starter Thread starter /u/Jaded-Ad821
  • Start date Start date
U

/u/Jaded-Ad821

I found a cat outside July or June of 2023, so she’s almost a year old. To give a little context my neighborhood has SO many cats, like from sitting infront of my porch I can count 12 my neighbor and me feed them and my neighborhood is green and I garden so the outdoor kitties love it here. Anyways the main point is, is it okay I let my cat outside during the day and then she comes inside during the night? I noticed she stays near my house or chills in my big garden, I know this bc I have a clicker and a designated call and whenever I call she comes. Typically she’s only outside when I garden or landscape but it’s for up to 7 hours she’s outside. It’s not everyday since I leave for work 2 out of 7 days a week and those days she sits in and more recently I’ve limited her days to 3 days a week she’s outside but it can range from 1-7 house out. None of my outside cats( to my knowledge) have rabies. My is spayed but doesn’t have any vaccinations because my nearest vet is 40 minutes away and I’m always busy. If anyone has any tips on that pls help because I saw something about home vaccinations but I am scared to do that. Also to mention, I feed my cat a wet food diet, sometimes kibble with water because I’m busy.

submitted by /u/Jaded-Ad821
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...