help with the scale and size of units related with the scale of the map and determining range of attack and movement for a wargame/ scenario

reddit

Registered
help with the scale and size of units related with the scale of the map and determining range of attack and movement for a wargame/ scenario

https://preview.redd.it/oo31wxzs6xx...bp&s=918dd0dacf299f420f11ba334c2302636bc949bb

its a 90x125cm / 35.4x49,2inches brussels map printed on paper

In a few days a family friend who was a veteran of the Korean War will come to the house, I am very excited to meet him and I want to surprise him by organizing a war game because I know he likes them, I have experience or knowledge in others topics related to games but not with terminology or basic concepts of military tactics ,i think it would be cool to create a scenario about a hypothetical Soviet attack on the city of Brussels

How can I get the scale of the map?
The problem is that the map I have has no scale and I don't know how to get it, I understand that the city of Brussels measures approximately 161 square kilometers.

What scale of units would you recommend I play? I was thinking of battalions, where each wooden token represents a company,

What size would I have to make each wooden square? I was thinking of 2.5x2.5cm/ 3x3cm per company but I don't know if it is too big or too small for the scale of the map and the footprint of the company on the map

How do I determine how many cm each military unit moves? what is their range and other key elements ?

any tip or advice in creating this scenario/wargame?

Sorry if there are too many questions, any help or tips to create this scenario would be very helpful

submitted by /u/TheEmiTVshow07
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...