Fall bar trip advice

• Thread starter Thread starter /u/brevislux
  • Start date Start date
U

/u/brevislux

Hi r/travel!

I'm hoping to get some advice on a trip I'm planning for late September/early October this year to celebrate graduating law school & taking the bar. I'm very lucky to have a nice long stretch of time between taking the bar and starting my job, and I realistically have the budget for a two-to-four week trip (would be less time for more expensive destinations, more for cheaper). I could also possibly break it up into a couple shorter one-week trips. But I'm indecisive!

I'll be solo traveling as a 20-something woman, so I want to go somewhere relatively safe (I have a decent amount of experience solo traveling, just want to be reasonably prudent). When traveling, I love seeing great art & architecture, learning about history, and eating good food—beautiful nature is a definite plus, but I'm not as into outdoorsy activities. Places accessible via plane/train/bus are ideal; same with places I can get by mostly with English.

I've been to & loved Italy (Rome, Florence, Naples, Milan); Spain (Barcelona, Madrid, Seville); Morocco (Marrakech, Agadir); Paris; London; Berlin; Prague; and Zurich. Of those, Paris and Florence are my favorites.

Europe feels very accessible on my own since I've been able to spend time there already, but I'd also really love to be able to experience some small part of Asia (I'll be living on the east coast of the U.S. for the foreseeable future, so it'll probably be easier to get to Europe than Asia for future trips)—planning an Asian trip just feels a little more intimidating since I haven't done it before. And nothing's off the table: there might be amazing cities on other continents that I should be considering.

Some preliminary ideas I have:

• Italy (Bologna, Venice) + Greece (Athens, possibly Thessaloniki) + maybe Croatia or Hungary
  • Amsterdam + Copenhagen + Stockholm
  • Tour around France (Lyon, Nice + smaller cities)
  • Japan (Tokyo, Kyoto, maybe Osaka) + Seoul
  • SE Asia?

What would you do if you were me? Are there great options I'm totally overlooking? Thank you in advance!

submitted by /u/brevislux
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...