One of my all-time favorite films that is rarely available for streaming is now on Amazon Prime: Out of Sight

Crowded Caribou

Registered
Find it here.

For those not in-the-know, Out of Sight (1998) by the venerable and honored Steven Soderbergh and is an underappreciated crime flick. It's funny, intriguing, and very, very sexy.

I ignored it when it first came out. At the time George Clooney was still best known as a hunky TV doctor so I didn't have much interest in the watching it. What's more, he's paired opposite Jennifer Lopez who's still best known as a singer, so I skipped the thing.

I finally watched it with my at-the-time housemates when we were doing a Soderbergh marathon and it quickly became one of y all-time favorites.

Clooney is charming as all fuck as the lead character, and his chemistry with J-Lo is pretty amazing. Add Soderbergh's perfectionist direction and a wonderful supporting cast (Ving Rhames, Steve Zhan, Don Cheadle, Albert Brookes, Catherine Keener, Luis Guzman, Nancy Allen, Dennis Farina, and Viola Fucking Davis) and you get a magical thing.

It's based off the book of the same name by Elmore Leonard, and what's a lot of fun is it was in production at roughly the same time that Quentin Tarantino was adapting Leonard's novel "Rum Punch" as Jackie Brown. That film features CIA agent Ray Nicolette as played by Michael Keaton. The novel "Out of Sight" also features the character, and in a fun move Miramax allowed Keaton to reprise the role for Universal's Out of Sight and — with the urging of Tarantino — let him do it for free. He's great in both.

If you like films about unlikely romance, jailbreaks, bank robberies, carjackings, home invasion, kidnappings, and honestly good jokes, this is a film that you should check out if you haven't fallen in love with it already.

Oh, and the soundtrack kicks ass as well.

submitted by /u/SpaceForceAwakens
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...

Members Online

Featured Content

Latest Forum Posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger Ebert