My Cat is feeling better, how much should I feed her.

• Thread starter Thread starter /u/Carinne89
  • Start date Start date
U

/u/Carinne89

My 15yo calico was at the vet all morning after not eating or drinking for 36 hours, and a total loss of personality. They did the exam, bw and urine. She most likely has a mass on or near her liver. The vet and I decided to not to X-rays or ultrasound at this time, partially cause they have to wait till Monday anyway, and partially cause at her age, if we find something, we most likely won’t go ahead with surgery/chemo as is. Going to monitor over the weekend, and make a plan from there. I adore my vet and she was amazing, explained everything in a way I understood and could relate to my knowledge of the human body (nurse).

We’re home now, and she took the meds ok for me. One was an appetite stimulant, and she’s eating now and drank a bit too! But she’s always had a sensitive stomach, and a habit of eating wet food too fast. I’m now worried about feeding her too much too quickly. Should I let her eat as she wants, or continue to slowly ease her into it? She has full access to water.

I’ve already called the vet with questions twice since we got home, I think my background is a case of knowing too much and not enough. I keep thinking through scenarios, realizing I don’t know the answer for cats, and getting nervous.

TIA

submitted by /u/Carinne89
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...