How do I keep my dog from being loud (heavy paws) early in the morning?

• Thread starter Thread starter /u/BootRemarkable
  • Start date Start date
U

/u/BootRemarkable

My dog, a 50 pound Australian Kelpie( 1yr and 3 mnths old), was adopted from a shelter about a month and a half ago. Over the last couple of days my downstairs neighbor (apartment living) has pounded on his ceiling indicating that I'm being too loud. The thing is, my dog isn't barking or yowling, my dog wakes up at 4am for some reason and decides it's time to play so he starts to run around grabbing his toys...jumping on the bed off the bed and creating a lot of food noise or pounding or however you'd like to describe it. I've been in the process of crate training my dog, so idk if I should crate him at night to make sure he isn't creating a lot of noise until I wake up at 5:30. I do try to exercise him in the afternoons, but idk what I should do. There's nothing in the lease that says my landlord can do anything about noise, but I don't my the cops called on me because my dog has heavy paws.

Please any advise would be much appreciated as I do try to be a good neighbor/tenant and don't want to disturb my neighbor too much.

submitted by /u/BootRemarkable
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...