Which Southwest USA Itinerary Ex Las Vegas is Better?

• Thread starter Thread starter /u/podroznikdc
  • Start date Start date
U

/u/podroznikdc

Hi, I am planning a road trip of about 10 days in early September departing in a rental car from Las Vegas. I have set foot neither in Utah nor New Mexico.

The first option is to drive across southern Utah taking in the National Parks in a counterclockwise circle heading along the east of the state to pick up Arches National Park and end up with a day or two to see Salt Lake City and then fly home from there.

The second option is to see the same southern Utah parks (Zion, Bryce Canyon, Glen Canyon) but then skipping Arches, I would continue east through the 4 corners/Mesa Verde area and into Taos and Santa Fe, flying home from Albuquerque.

I like nice views from the car and stopping for 1 or 2 hour walks/easy hikes. I like to avoid excessively hot weather and crowds - I realize I am going to get at least some of each in early September but traveling at another time is not an option.

Which route do you think is better for this 60-something solo traveler? I would love to hear your tips and ideas.

submitted by /u/podroznikdc
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...

Members Online

No members online now.

Featured Content

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger Ebert