Booked bed denied. How to handle?

• Thread starter Thread starter /u/confuseddorian
  • Start date Start date
U

/u/confuseddorian

Hi.

I had booked a bed at a hostel in Kuala Lumpur via hostelworld. I reached the city a few days earlier (staying at another hostel) and the first thing I did was to contact this hostel by mail asking to see if my booking was okay.

They never responded.

So 4 days before my check-in date, I physically went to the hostel and asked the reception if my booking is fine. The lady at the desk looked up my name and said all is good and said the exact amount I would have to pay upon check-in. This amount matched with what was mailed by hostelworld.

So I figured it is okay and waited till the day of checkin.

Today, when I went to check in, the reception said they are overbooked (something about their computer showing minus 1) and that my reservation is invalid.

I had to then look for other lodging.

How can I handle this? I have already raised a ticket at hostelworld and got an automated mail asking to reply to it if my problem is still not resolved. I sent a reply.

A little over 4USD was paid as reservation fee.

I guess I can ask for that? But that doesn't include the problems one gets to deal with under such a situation.

If there was a problem with my booking, they would've known it earlier. They could've contacted me. They didn't. They could've responded to my mail. They didn't.
They could've said it when I actually went there beforehand. They didn't. In fact, they did the opposite.

I guess such scenarios are common for seasoned travelers. I'm a rookie.

submitted by /u/confuseddorian
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...

Members Online

No members online now.

Featured Content

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger Ebert