Almost screwed up with hotel check in age under 21

• Thread starter Thread starter /u/sortaseabeethrowaway
  • Start date Start date
U

/u/sortaseabeethrowaway

If you are 18-20 years old and booking a hotel, call ahead and ask the hotel if under 21 can check in. I went through a bunch of different online bookings where I was going and it said 21 years old on every one. Eventually I found a red roof inn and decided I'd just get a shower and sleep on top of the covers, and it was $100 so that's nice. Called and the front desk lady in confirmed in broken English that I could check in at 19 years old. I showed up at 9pm, they asked for ID, and said no check ins under 18. I figured calling would verify but you can't expect decent customer service from places like that.

Fortunately, for whatever reason, they do take military IDs for a 19 year old. No idea why that would make a difference. If I was running a hotel I would trust the military guys less, not more. You think a regular 19 year old has bad judgement, try a fresh out of boot E-3 19 year old who just got paid. And no I didn't do any dumb shit, I just needed somewhere to crash after spending the previous night on a train (I have weird hobbies). This was in Delaware, I have had zero problems out west checking into hotels at 18 so maybe its a regional thing. Anybody else have issues with this?

submitted by /u/sortaseabeethrowaway
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...

Members Online

No members online now.

Featured Content

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger Ebert