The Crew servers have finally gone down

• Thread starter Thread starter /u/AbhishMuk
  • Start date Start date
U

/u/AbhishMuk

For a game that actually gave you the entire (scaled down) US map to roam around, this is a hard pill to swallow. I grew up with Need for Speed and Roadrash, and when I got The Crew I had no idea it had one of the biggest in-game maps (apparently about 2000 sq miles or 6000 sq km).

If you’re someone who likes driving around you probably already know or understand why people loved it. Get into your Mercedes or Skyline, and rip it from Montana to New York. Or LA to Miami. Or basically wherever you want. Or take the Aston Martin, or the Koenigsegg, or the Mini, or a Silverado or whatever. Drive on the road, or go rock climbing. Or take part in any number or police chases or missions or races throughout the map.

I’m very happy that today we have something like Microsoft Flight Simulator with a real world map, but unlike using a satellite for most of it, the crew actually was manually made, but much more than that, it was lively. People, wild animals, overhead planes/blimps. Houses of all kinds. Driving through the swamps in Florida. The mountains up north. And I haven’t even stepped foot in real life in the US, yet I know exactly how the landscape of Seattle is different from New York vs Chicago.

This love for the game was quite apparent even in game, and the maps were full of fellow crewmates till the servers went down. And as much as I love the game, I wish and wonder why Ubisoft didn’t let it live. There have been instances in the past where the community has hosted their own servers. The game is designed with an offline mode, but it was hidden after development.

In any case, it was a fun ride till the very end. RIP good friend.

submitted by /u/AbhishMuk
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...

Members Online

No members online now.

Featured Content

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger Ebert