Solo Travel China Itinerary (3 Weeks)

• Thread starter Thread starter /u/mcart98
  • Start date Start date
U

/u/mcart98

Hello! I’m going solo travelling for the first time in June and decided to choose China as my destination! After doing all my research, this is what I have come up with. Just wondering if this itinerary is realistically doable and what your thoughts are on it! I’m not keeping to a budget but I’m not trying to spend a lot either, I like being outdoors and eating food, I don’t drink.

• Melbourne to Shanghai (June 22nd): Stay in Dayin International Hostel near people’s Square.

• Shanghai (June 23rd): Spend a day immersing in the bustling streets, iconic skyline.

• Shanghai to Beijing via 4h 30m Train (June 24th): Travel to Beijing, China's capital city, Explore whatever is near by.

• Beijing (June 25th): Explore Beijing's iconic landmarks, the Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square, and maybe the Temple of Heaven.

• Beijing to Gubeikou via 2h 30m Train (June 26th): Travel to the Gubeikou section of the Great Wall, hike Gubeikou to Jinshanling, Stay on Hostel in the wall.

• Gubeikou (June 27th): Hike Simatai to Gubei Water Town.

• Gubeikou to Beijing via 2h 30m Trian (June 28th): Return to Beijing, Explore more of the city.

• Beijing to Xi'an via 4h 30m Train (June 29th): Travel to Xi'an, Explore the city.

• Xi'an (June 30th): visit the Terracotta Army, the ancient city walls, and the Muslim Quarter.

• Xi'an to Chengdu via 4h 10m Train (July 1st):Travel to Chengdu, eat some nice food.

• Chengdu (July 2nd): See some Pandas!!!

• Chengdu to Chongqing via 1h 40m Train (July 3rd): Travel to Chongqing.

• Chongqing (July 4th): do whatever you do when you have a day in Chongqing.

• Chongqing to Zhangjiajie via 1h 10m Flight (July 5th): Explore the city and maybe head to Tiamat Mountain.

• Zhangjiajie (July 6th - July 7th): Spend two days exploring Zhangjiajie National Forest Park.

• Zhangjiajie to Guilin via 7h 15m Train (July 8th): Travel to Guilin.

• Guilin to Yangshuo via 30m Train (July 9th): Explore Guilin than Journey to Yangshuo.

• Yangshuo (July 10th): Hire a bike and explore

• Yangshuo to Hong Kong via 4h 30m Train (July 11th): Travel to Hong Kong.

• Hong Kong (July 12th): Enjoy the final day by walking around eating food.

• Hong Kong to Melbourne (July 13th): Fly home and see my Dog.

Thank you for your time! Still not sure if I’m excited or nervous, only time will tell!

submitted by /u/mcart98
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...