Santa Cruz Trek or Multiple Day Hikes in Huaraz, Peru?

• Thread starter Thread starter /u/mmgk09
  • Start date Start date
U

/u/mmgk09

I will be going for a 10 day trip to Peru for the second time this Thursday and want to do 1 multi-day trek (3-5 days) or multiple day hikes, as I would like to reserve the remainder of my time in Cusco indulging in all the food you can imagine!

My first trip was only 6 days and the Salkantay Trek took up the majority of it – I don't know if my body knew I was on a time crunch, but I thankfully did not experience any altitude sickness apart from slight fatigue. Hopefully this time around it will be the same, so I am ideally wanting to book tours the day of/after my arrival in Huaraz.

Right now, I am thinking of flying into Lima and taking an overnight bus to Huaraz. I want to do either 3 day hikes (Laguna 69, Nevado Mateo, or Laguna Churup) or a 4 day Santa Cruz Trek then fly to Cusco.

For those who have gone to these locations, would you recommend doing multiple day hikes or a 4 day Santa Cruz Trek (or others)?

Also I arrive in Lima early in the morning, so I could either take a day bus to Huaraz or overnight one. If I take the day bus and arrive in the evening, would there be tour agencies open to book tours last minute?

submitted by /u/mmgk09
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...