My partner has been waiting for his US visitor visa to be approved for over three years and counting. Is this normal?

• Thread starter Thread starter /u/wedloualf
  • Start date Start date
U

/u/wedloualf

Apologies, this is a bit of a long one!

In May 2019 my partner and I intended to visit his family in upstate New York, followed by some friends in NYC. We're both British and he's visited the US multiple times previously. I should also say that my partner is a police detective. We both had active ESTAs which we checked a few days before departure. My partner had previously travelled on his ESTA.

We travelled via Toronto as had always wanted to visit the city, then my partner's uncle picked us up in Niagara Falls to drive us back to their place near Rochester. When passing through the border, we were asked to step inside, my partner was informed his ESTA had been revoked and was interviewed for about 7 hours to try and discover why. Eventually we were asked to return to Canada with no reason given.

Since then, my partner is now unable to get an ESTA. He applied for a visitor visa in April 2021 so that we could start to plan another trip. It's now three years since that date and the US Embassy continue to tell us that they are still processing the visa and can't give any further updates. We've involved our MP but she's had no more luck getting information.

Has anybody else had this issue previously? It's incredibly frustrating, my partner just wants to see his aging family and our friends in NYC have started a family that we've been unable to meet. Not to mention the eye watering costs of the initial trip going awry.

Any advice / experience?

submitted by /u/wedloualf
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...

Members Online

No members online now.

Featured Content

Latest Forum Posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member