Could you suggest me simple action movies for my grandfather?

• Thread starter Thread starter /u/HibiscusRosa
  • Start date Start date
U

/u/HibiscusRosa

My grandfather (85yo) is a traditional simple hardworking loving typical grandpa but at the same time his is a big action movie fan. I visit it him often and he always asks me to put him through my computer some action movie that I usually end up watching with him. However due to his nature and character he cannot comprehend a lot of the modern action movies that have even the simplest sort of complexity in the plot.

Believe it or not there are times that after 20 mins he tells me to close the movie and find something else because he could not understand what is happening (ex: Apocalypse Now, Bridge of Spies) while he really loved movies with simple and linear plort ( Skyscrapper, Black Hawk down, Equalizer).

We have watched together too many of these movies and I am slowly running out of options. Obviously we have seen the best franchises like Rambo, James Bond, John Week, Terminator, Equalizer and a lot of Dwayne Johnson movies. Imagine Mission Impossible franchise was too "complex" for him so we dropped it.

Important note, the movie should not have any abuse againts women. He is a person with strong values and by under not any circumstance he doesn't want to see even the slightest abuse or rape against women. I made the mistake of putting him Kill Bill or 8mm and I completely ruined his mood.

I am running out of ideas soon so if you could suggest me something that he could like I would be really greatful! Thank you for your time

submitted by /u/HibiscusRosa
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...

Members Online

No members online now.

Featured Content

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger Ebert