Cat ate vinyl window clings

• Thread starter Thread starter /u/StoryApprehensive777
  • Start date Start date
U

/u/StoryApprehensive777

Sunday afternoon my cat ate several thin, flat vinyl snowflake clings that he yanked off a window. I think only two- he knocked a bunch off of the window but only saw fit to eat two that I could tell. Each one is about 1-2” by 1-2”. I freaked out and didn’t know what to do. Another cat owner told me to monitor my little buddy Joe for appetite, pain, etc, and treat it as urgent if he didn’t want to eat or drink or seemed lethargic. I would have taken him to the vet immediately anyway but our insurance waiting period isn’t through yet (we just adopted Joe three weeks ago as of tonight) and Joe seemed fine and constantly begging for food.

His behavior has has seemed the same, he moves fine when inclined. He never lets me touch his stomach anyway without running away or getting feisty but he hasn’t seen any more defensive. He eats less of his dry food than usual BUT he’d been doing that for a a few days before he ate the clings. He still begs for the wet food, stalks me in the kitchen when I get my food, and thinks he should be handed treats every ten minutes. He seems to be urinating normally. However, after Sunday I don’t think he pooped again until Tuesday morning and he hasn’t pooped a second time since. Also he hasn’t been home alone since he got into the clings but will be all day tomorrow.

Joe seems perfectly fine, otherwise. I was slightly late getting home tonight and he would not stop meowing until fed, and now he’s laying on the floor in his normal spot. Should I just continue monitoring him? If he poops by morning should I feel better about things? Should I call out of work tomorrow to keep an eye on him or should I be taking him to a vet immediately at this point? Please help.

submitted by /u/StoryApprehensive777
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...