Need help choosing a destination

• Thread starter Thread starter /u/lambada24
  • Start date Start date
U

/u/lambada24

I want to take a 25-35 day vacation either in June or some time between August and December. My interests are hiking, scenery, exploring cities, cuisine, beaches (up to 5 days), wildlife (e.g safari - up to 5 days). I'm male in my 40s. I have a budget of 4,500 euros including air fare from Europe. Am happy with basic accommodation but not dorm rooms. Willing to drive for part or all of the trip if necessary. For various reasons, not interested in these regions/countries: Europe, Southeast Asia, Ecuador, Peru, Colombia, Argentina, Chile, Venezuela, Mexico, New Zealand, China, Japan, South Korea, Morocco, South Africa. Don't mind a combination of 2 or 3 countries.

So far I've thought of Guatemala + El Salvador + Nicaragua and Jamaica + Cuba although I'm not overly keen on either option. I've heard that Central America is more dangerous and less interesting than South America and I've already been to the above South American countries. As for Jamaica + Cuba, there are no direct flights between the two so I'd end up spending quite a bit of time and money on an indirect one. Also did some research on Brazil last year and prices for Pantanal tours were too high and I doubt it's any better this year. The Pantanal is one of the places that interest me most in Brazil.

Would appreciate any other suggestions you guys might have.

submitted by /u/lambada24
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...