Should I let my grandma's cat lay in my bed after he vomited all over himself in her bed?

• Thread starter Thread starter /u/EeveeQueen15
  • Start date Start date
U

/u/EeveeQueen15

I've been living with my grandma and her 11 year old cat, Payton, since June. Payton has GI issues and vomits a lot. I try to discourage licking himself since hairballs are often in his vomit and he also sneaks into my room and eats my Chihuahuas' food (he bullies my Chihuahuas a lot). Payton also has other bad behaviors that I won't get into but I often joke that he should be on My Cat From Hell. I also can't look at a cat without feeling physically ill now because of him. He's caused me that much distress.

I'm moving into my first apartment this weekend and my packing has actually caused Payton's behavior to worsen. And since last night, he all of a sudden wants to lay on my heated blanket. I'm assuming the storms have him in pain and my blanket is giving him some relief (I use the blanket for the same reason) but earlier when he was laying on my grandma's pillow, he vomited all over the pillow and himself and attacked my grandma for cleaning him up.

I don't want him to vomit on my bed (I don't have the money to wash my heated blanket or sheet and its the only sheet I have) but if the blanket is providing pain relief, I don't want to take that away from him either. Even though he's an asshole cat, I know he doesn't always mean it so I'm still nice to him as long as he behaves (for example, he can hang out in my room as long as he leaves the dog food alone).

If he's feeling so bad that he laid in his own vomit, how likely is it that he'll vomit on my bed?

I'm watching him for now and the second he makes the noise, I'll set him on the floor. I just don't know what to do right now.

submitted by /u/EeveeQueen15
[link] [comments]

Continue reading...

Members Online

No members online now.

Featured Content

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger Ebert